Galentine’s Day is a celebration of lady friends– and the bonds of friendship are certainly deserving of a party! I’ll take any excuse to have an English-style high tea, so naturally I made three of my favorite tea sandwiches for this occasion. Pour the tea and sip the tea over these delightful savory treats, and perhaps serve some decadent truffles as well.
Scroll down for my three favorite tea sandwich recipes!
Cucumber-Chive Tea Sandwich Recipe
Cucumber Tea Sandwiches
- 1 large english cucumber
- 1/2 tbsp finely sliced chives plus more for topping
- 2 oz cream cheese
- 4 slices white bread
- Halve the cucumber lengthwise and use a small spoon to scoop out the seeds. Use a mandoline to slice the cucumber into thin lengthwise strips.
- Fold the chives into the whipped cream cheese, and spread onto one side of each piece of bread.
- Layer the cucumber slices onto each piece of bread, overlapping slightly.
- Use a very sharp knife to trim the edges of the cucumber and slice the crust off of the bread. Slice each piece of bread in half on the diagonal to form triangles.
- Top each sandwich with more chives and serve right away. If the sandwiches need to be stored, wrap in lightly dampened paper towels or lightly dampened dish cloth and refrigerate.
Prosciutto + Asparagus Tea Sandwich Recipe
Prosciutto + Asparagus Tea Sandwiches
- 6-8 large stalks asparagus
- 2 tsp fresh chopped tarragon leaves
- 2 oz whipped cream cheese
- 4 slices pumpernickel bread
- 4 slices prosciutto
- Trim the woody ends and tips off the asparagus stalks, and use a mandoline to slice very thinly lengthwise.
- Fold the tarragon into the whipped cream cheese, and spread onto one side of each piece of bread.
- Cut the prosciutto slices in half lengthwise and overlay one slice onto each piece of bread on top of the cream cheese. Layer a few the asparagus slices on top.
- Use a very sharp knife to trim both the crust of the bread and any excess prosciutto and asparagus away to form clean edges. Slice each piece of bread in half and serve! If the sandwiches need to be stored, wrap in lightly dampened paper towels or lightly dampened dish cloth and refrigerate.
Curried Egg Salad Recipe
Curried Egg Salad
- 6 hard boiled eggs finely diced (I use an egg slicer)
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp yellow mustard
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/4 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp Indian curry powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/8 tsp salt,
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and mix well. Let sit 10-15 minutes in the refrigerator before serving to allow the curry to dissolve. Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.